*Originally posted June 6th- having a few issues with the blog at the moment so i've been playing around...attempting to learn at least haha
Wow- so May obviously has come and gone. I think it flew by waaay to fast for me. We finally finished school- thank goodness! I would not have lasted much longer. After a fun night out with friends, I headed to Chipley and Dtown to start my summer vacay. So a recap of the 3 weeks post school:
1. I spent several days in Dtown with old friends- loved seeing everyone!
2. There was the Kirkland/Braswell marriage. Talk about a reality check. I know they've been dating for years and we knew they would get married one day but it always felt like "someday" was a long way away. I'm thrilled for them and think they will have a wonderful marriage.
3. I plowed a field. All by myself and without braking the tractor. I've always played on the tractor lifting the attachments and such or driving it in circles, but never until then had I been responsible for using it in a way that could have completely killed it. haha I think Dad was a little anxious for me since almost everytime I looked up he was watching. I guess his vote of confidence was letting me loose in it; he did leave me at one point and I almost freaked out watching him walk away. However, I turned the radio on to a country station and totally felt like I could identify haha. Now you may be reading and think : that's sweet but what's the big deal really? It was just dirt... Now what I did not mention previously is that this field was once a pine farm and those stumps still remain...ahh, you see...I could have done some serious damage flying through the field, hitting one of those, and who knows what would have happened. Which is why I proceed to plow at approx 5 miles an hour haha.
4. I bought a pistol! Not for me to keep forever exactly but I signed on the dotted line myself. I enjoyed it more than I expected I would and OMG- I loved shooting it. It fits in your hand so nicely and is very accurate. I've always loved handguns but I think I found my new favorite :)
5. I helped plant a few hundred palm trees. Yes, you read that correctly few HUNDRED. Let's just say that is a prime example of family love and one day my brother will repay me. No one can question how I feel about him if I willingly half broke my back in the heat.
6. Did I mention 1-5 all happened in the span of a week?
7. I was allowed to be lazy a few days in which I watched Season 1 of In Plain Sight and a few movies. Thanks to Dad for giving into Netflix!
8. Next, I went to Mobile, found a new place to live, and packed my apt. I do not want to talk about how much time I spent in a car, but I was grateful to have Liz accompany me in the car and in viewing a couple of houses so I wasn't totally alone. I finally found what I hope turns out to be completely perfect and can't wait to move in!
9. Went to bham for a interesting and fun half week. I got to see a ton of friends and do a little bit of everything. We went to dinner and lunch and the Baron's game and did a little shopping of course ;) I also got to meet the newest addition to the Cobb family- baby Liam! He is adorable and the girls have grown so much in the past year!! I also went to Donna's bacholerette party that weekend. Talk about another reality check! I can't believe it's been five years since they started dating! It was good to see all my friends even if only for a short meal; it's hard to believe I've been out of bham for a full year now.
That's a pretty basic summary of the month as a whole. It's June and I have so many awesome things still planned like Spain, Greece, and Montreal! I can't wait to travel!! Until then I have some farm duties to go handle... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment