It seems my thoughts are very scattered these days. I have been doing so many random things at home from helping my brother with the palms (the tan lines are still bad…) to picking blackberries and gallons of blueberries. I forget that I’ve taken experiences like the berry picking for granted. I spent a very large portion much of my childhood outdoors. I assumed everyone did growing up because several of my friends at that time had grandparents with farms; we all stayed tan and sun bleached blonde :) That was just what you did! It makes me happy to think that one day (in oh like 15 years if I’m lucky) my kids will be able to do the same thing. I know my parents will be awesome grandparents and my kids will most likely never want to come home. But back to the berries- I can not believe these blueberries. First of all, they are HUGE! By far the largest I have ever seen. For example, a “normal” size from this field is the size of a nickel and so plump they easily stand a quarter of an inch high. Our neighbors have a huge field (thousand plants!) and they are soooo healthy. They have only been fertilized once in the past five years and they don’t use pesticides on them…I swear there must be something magically about that plot of land b/c I am totally amazed by these guys. Obviously, since I just went on and on about them haha…
Anyway, in other news I am getting very excited about my upcoming trip. It’s only days away!! I finally decided on what to pack (for the present moment haha) and now I’m piecing together little last minute things. Charge the camera, make sure I have memory cards ready, convert some dollars to euros, and buy SPF 50! You guys know I’m a worrier and a planner, so I’m also getting a little anxious that I haven’t packed something I will need or that I’m forgetting something big (have the passport-check!). I know I’m not going to a third world country haha, and of course I have Hailey to lead me along the way- not to mention translate ;) I made a sweet little list of all my flight times and the flight numbers so my parents will know what country I’m in and all that jazz. The mom was grateful of course- Dad on the other hand, told me after I arrive in Madrid to wait until it was midmorning here to call. You see I’m doing an all-nighter and landing at 9:35am. That will be 2:35am at home…got to love time changes…
Last random fact of the day: Jason found an egg on the ground and decided we should try to hatch it. The egg is currently sitting in anplastic container under a lamp with no lid or anything to inhibit its movement if it did hatch. I am not thrilled by this idea. I’m actually pretty sure we’re cooking it…oops? I’m certainly no zoologist but the shell appears to thin to be a bird and most reptiles don’t sit on their eggs which would negate the whole use on the lamp in the first place not to mention that lamp is intense.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment