I have a love/hate relationship with ALL electronics. Computers (don't get me started), alarm clocks (don't laugh), dvd/vcr, digital cameras, stereos, and at times cell phones. If it requires a chord it fails in this category. I know the biggest problem is my ignorance and little patience for these little guys. It seems i've always had someone around to "save" me and whatever I was working with before I did something drastic to it. With this acknowledgment, I have decided it is time to be a big girl and learn. Doesn't that sound like the most reasonable thing to do??
So project one: connect dad's computer to his pretty big tv so I can watch netflixs on demand. I know this is possible because I did it in undergrad with my old computer...well I personally didn't set it up but I know it is possible! Plus, that same chord deal was used in Mobile right before we left for summer. Ok- totally something I should be able to handle; got out the tv manual (gasp, I did) and proceeded to read. Now I also talked to a couple people and game up with a game plan. Long story short ~ Results: failure. Plain and simple. There are so many chord options and the issue of audio- ugh. It should only take like one chord!!!! And eventually, before summer ends, I WILL MAKE IT WORK. Unless Dad does before I get to it...
Now I do want to have a little victory dance b/c I am not totally incompetent in all things. This is a small dance cause I'm still learning, but I am conquering one aspect of the electronic battle. I discovered this past year that the more I listen to older students talk about their experiences third and fourth year, the more I felt like I was going to have to give in and get a blackberry or something similar. Now, I truly enjoy only being able to check my email when in front of a computer. It makes me feel saner. Like I have a little control over my life; that part of my life is compartmentalized. Sadly, my life is ruled by the emails that school sends. This means now more than ever I will need that stupid little device to tell me when and where to be places. So recently I gave in to the crackberry as it is so lovingly called. Thanks to Stephen for answering my list of questions about every phone on the market haha. Again, it's sooo much easier to have someone who understands teach you... But I've discovered the combo of having this phone and being at home has actually made me feel quite free. I don't feel the need to sit at the computer everyday(talk about a ball and chain) because I have already seen my emails via phone. At the same time, I leave my phone around the house and don't look at it for hours at a time. This is totally unlike me. I'm totally hooked on its features; at least those I have used.
Ok, enough distraction time. Gotta pack all my stuff for Spain/Greece! On that note, I had my own taste test of bars to take on the trip. You know the energy or meal replacement or whatever you wanna call them...oh how I hate the taste of artificial sweeteners and extremely dry "healthy" things. I finally settled on one that has chocolate and peanut butter; chocolate masks the taste of the bar. Chocolate once again proves it can fix almost every problem a girl can have ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
testing. one. two. three.
ReplyDeleteI think I can comment if I press preview first.
yes. yes I can.
ReplyDelete