Saturday, March 6, 2010

Winds and Diamonds

So last year at some point I wrote this:

While I love this quote - "When you long for a life without difficulty, it helps to remember that oak trees grow strong in contrary winds and that diamonds are made under pressure.” ~ Peter Marshall- could the wind just stop blowing for like a week please?! I don’t want a diamond anyway…

Reading it now-I still agree haha. Does it seem like time is passing super fast to anyone else or is that just me? And somehow I stay busy because there's always something else that needs to be done. Last week I suddenly found myself in the absolute worst mood; I'm talking about the -you don't wanna talk to me-kinda mood. I had a bad day at work, I had a thousand things to do, and I realized I hadn't been to the gym in ages so that whole 'pre-wedding diet' wasn't really working out. As I was sulking in my room I started to replay the day in my head and remembered a convo I had with a co-worker recently. In our talk she had told me a little bit about her life growing up. Talk about a slap of reality. I forget a lot of days that my "difficulties" are a far cry from the true hardships people face everyday. I work with a couple of women who are kinda inspirational; they have much bigger battles to fight everyday than I can even imagine and they still have a good attitude.

I'll always like this quote but it has a little bit different meaning to me now. Everyone has a wind pushing them and it's important to remember that and recognize the sparkle of the people around us. On those days it's time to take a deep breath and be thankful my breeze isn't a hurricane.

No comments:

Post a Comment