Tuesday, August 25, 2009

To Ends and Beginings

This summer was absolutely wonderful! I got to spend quality time with friends and family for the first time in almost ten months without worrying a bit about school. I was lucky enough to travel and see friends living in other countries- talk about a treat!

Now that I’m settling back into school, things have gone totally crazy. We have anywhere from 4-7 hours of lecture per day, unannounced quizzes, labs, presentations, and assigned reading. All of which are starting the first week by the way. Glad we eased into the semester :)

More importantly ~ what I learning in Med school the first two weeks:

1.My life as I knew it ended on 8-10-09 at approximately 9:35 am.
2.Immunology does not plan on being my friend
3.Pathology is incredibly interesting and my new found love. I’m waiting for it to scorn me though.
4.I should be nice to my classmates even if I don’t like them. (This was mentioned multiple times…not sure what they are insinuating…)
5.Gangrene produces gas which makes a human leg feel like bubble wrap to the touch.
6.Paying 40 grand in tuition does not ensure a parking spot.
7.“In a long term study of more than 50,000 male health professionals, those who had up to four alcoholic drinks (in any form) at least three days a week had fewer heart attacks than nondrinkers or those who drank only one or two days a week.” Thanks to FOD I can now justify being an alcoholic??
8.Using the term “ER” can be offensive so instead we should use ED. It’s a “whole department not just a room.” Touchy are we?

No comments:

Post a Comment